Important Update on Uploading of Form 15CA and 15CB on New Income Tax E-filing Portal
In the previous e-filing regime, the CA would separately upload 15CB. In the new e-filing regime, it is an integrated workflow. Taxpayer files 15CA and assigns to CA. The CA will then see in his worklist as 15CB pending with prefilled data. CA will fill 15CB and submit back to taxpayer. The taxpayer will then accept the 15CB, as prepared by the CA, in his worklist and download the same.
Applicability of Form 15CA and Form 15CB
• If the amount of remittance is not chargeable to tax, then no forms are required.
• If the remittance is covered under a specified exemption list, then only Part D of the Form 15CA is to be submitted.
• Where remittance is less than Rs. 5 lakh in a particular financial year – Only Form 15CA – Part A to be submitted.
• Where remittance exceeds Rs. 5 lakh – Form 15CA – Part C and Form 15CB to be submitted.
• Where remittance exceeds Rs. 5 lakhs and a certificate under Section 195(2)/195 (3)/197 of the Income Tax has been obtained – Form 15CA – Part B to be submitted.
Parts of Form 15CA
The form is divided into four parts, to be filled based on the scenario that is prevalent at the time. The four parts are:
• Part A – Section A of Form 15CA is filled in by the remitter when the payment or the total sum of the payment extended by the remitter to NRI recipient during a perticular Financial Year is Rs. 5 Lakhs or less.
• Part B – Section B of Form 15CA is in the role when such payments are more than Rs. 5 Lakhs. Information is entered by the filer in Section B after acquiring a certificate from Assessing Officer (valid under section 197) or the order from Assessing Officer (valid under sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) of section 195) – certificate for lower/no deduction of tax.
• Part C – If such payments made during a particular FY exceed Rs. 5 Lakhs, the related information has to be entered in Section C of Form 15CA after acquiring the Tax Determination Certificate or Form 15CB from authorized CA (valid under sub-section (2) of section 288).
• Part D – Payments made by the remitter during a particular FY which is not referred to in sub-section 37BB or in other words is not taxable under law, the information related to such payments is to be entered in Section D of Form 15CA.
Let us now discuss the new procedure for filing the Form 15 CA and 15 CB in an integrated workflow manner!
Procedure to File Form 15CA and 15CB Online
• The forms can be found on the Income Tax e-filing website.
• Where a person is already registered on the site, he must log in with the accurate credentials, usually the PAN number and the password. If he is not yet registered, he must click on the “Register” option on the page and then proceed to fill in all the necessary details and fields in order to complete the registration on the site.
• Once login has taken place successfully, the “e-file” option is to be clicked on, wherein a dropdown list shall appear. The “Prepare and Submit Online Form (Other than ITR)” button is to be selected.
• Next ‘Form 15CA’ option is to be selected from the dropdown list and click on ‘Continue’.
• Upon submission, a pop-up window appears wherein the Part of the Form 15CA is to be selected based on the most suited to the present scenario.
• Based on which part of the Form 15CA is selected, the relevant fields will need to be filled. The common fields in the Form 15CA include:
- Name of the Remitter
- Address details
- Contact information
- Residential status of the Remitter
- Name of the recipient of the remitter
- PAN (if available)
- Details of remittance
- Details of TDS
- Verification of the form.
• If the person is unable to finish the form immediately, there is a “Save Draft” option that throws a lifeline in that regard, so as to not inconvenience the person of filling up all the details again.
• On completion of the form, the “Submit” button is to be selected.
• The next page will have the “Success” message provided the form is submitted successfully.
• View and Withdrawal of Form 15CA:
- View Form 15CA – Click on “My Account” and then on “View Form 15CA”.
- Withdrawal – While on the View page, under the Status column, there will be a “Withdraw Form 15CA” option. This option is exercisable only within 7 days of the submission of the form.
• The “Add CA” requisite has to be completed first.
• Under the “My Account” tab, the “Add CA” option is to be selected.
• Here, the Membership Number of the CA has to be entered.
• The Form number is to be entered next as 15CB.
• Since the CA has now been added successfully, the rest of the process may be completed by the CA himself.
• View the form:
- Once the Form 15CB has been uploaded and successfully submitted by the CA, the assessee may then log in and view the form under the “Worklist” tab by selecting the “For Your Information” button.
- The status of the Form will be displayed as the case may be.