THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER-IMPORT EXPORT CODE REGISTRATION
IEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade , Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian Companies.
An application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant and apply to the nearest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in case of company and Head office in case of others, falls in the ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A’ and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein. In case of STPI/ EHTP/ BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having jurisdiction over the district in which the Registered/ Head Office of the STPI unit is located shall issue or amend the IECs.
STPI -Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is a society established in 1991 by the Indian Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology with the objective of encouraging, promoting and boosting the export of software from India.
List of Regional Authorities of DGFT and the Corrosponding office of reserve bank of india ,exchange control department
You can find the list of Foreign Exchange Control Department of the RBI as given in Appendix-18D
validity of iEC Code
An IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for all its branches/divisions/units/factories as indicated in the format of IEC given in appendix-18B
Application Fee For IEC Code Number
Application Fee : Rs 250.00
Mode of Payment
In Demand Draft of any Bank or Payment through EFT ( Electronic Fund Transfer by Nominated Bank by DGFT Like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, UTI Bank, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank etc) or Application fee can deposited by TR6 Challan with Duplicate Copy in any branch of Central Bank of India and TR6 Challan need to be submit along with IEC Code Application.
Filing of Application
Application can be filied online in DGFT website
However in case of manual applications, the applicant would furnish a soft copy of the application in MS word format.
Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
The applicant shall furnish a self addressed envelope of 40 x 15 cm with postal stamp affixed on the envelope as follows for all documents required to be sent by Speed Post:
Within local area
Up to 200 Kms.
Between 200 to 1000 Kms
Beyond 1000 Kms.
IEC No: Exempted Categorie
- Ministries/Departments of the Central or State Government.
- Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
Guidelines for Application of IEC Code Number.
Mandatory Requirments to apply for IEC Code Number
- PAN Number
- Current Bank Account
- Bankers Certificate
- IEC Code Number
(Expert TIP : Pay via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer ), and submit IEC Online Application form, If you wish to receive IEC Number instantly)
- The physical application containing required documents should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.
- E-mail is not mandatory. If it is provided it will facilitate faster communication.
Check List of Documents to apply for IEC Code
- Covering Letter on your company’s letter head for issue of new IEC Code Number.
- Two copies of the application in prescribed format (Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A) must be submitted to your regional Jt.DGFT Office.
- Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
- Part 1 & Part 4 has to be filled in by all applicants. In case of applications submitted electronically.
- No hard copies of Part 1 may be submitted. However in cases where applications are submitted otherwise, hard copy of Part 1has to be submitted.
- Only relevant portions of Part 2 need to be filled in.
- Rs 250.00 Bank Receipt (in duplicate)/Demand Draft/EFT details evidencing payment of application fee in terms of
- Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in
- Self certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card issued by Income Tax Authority.
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant duly attested by the Banker of the applicant.
- Self addresses envelope with Rs.25/- postal stamp for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post or challan/DD of Rs.100/- for speed post.
BASICAll Inclusive Fees
PROAll Inclusive Fees
PREMIUMAll Inclusive Fees
Frequently asked questions
On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/ imports from DGFT, Customs, and Export Promotion Council etc.
Those having Registered/Head office in whole of Kerala and Lakshadweep except the districts Trivandrum,Kollam & Pathanamthitta, can submit the application at Joint Director General of Foreign Trade, 5/A,Kendriya Bhavan, Kakkanad, Cochin682037 ( Telephone No.2427397).
. It can be downloaded from download section of DGFT website under the link APPENDICS & AAYAAT NIRYAAT FORM ( ANF2A).